Adamant – New Construction
Commercial Fishing Vessel:
Custom built, Long Range Trawler Seiner 58′
‘Adamant’ is a 58-foot Trawler Seiner designed by Hockema & Whalen Associates. This design is unique to anything built to date and was created to be most efficient in multiple ways.
The hull shape will allow the vessel to travel at the same speed and burn fuel at the same rate fully laden as it will empty. If a 15% savings in fuel is attained by this design, it will mean a $30,000 savings from what would normally be a $200,000 annual fuel bill.
Designer – Hockema & Whalen Associates, Inc.
- Builder – Platypus Marine, Inc.
- Construction Material – Steel Hull, Aluminum House
- Length – 57.9 FT
- Breadth – 25.0 FT
- Depth – 11.7 FT
- Displacement, 12′-9″ W.L. – 229 LT
- Gross Tonnage – 113 GT
- Net Tonnage – 90 NT
- 3 Fish Holds, Wet-Volume – 3,143 CF
- 3 Fish Holds, Weight-Sea Water – 201,152 LBS
- Fuel (98%) – 8,858 GAL
- Potable Water – 1,986 GAL
- Lube Oil, New – 250 GAL
- Lube Oil, Used – 250 GAL
- Hydraulic Oil (98%) – 450 GAL
- Captain’s Stateroom – 2 Berths, Vanity/Sink
- Crew Stateroom – 4 Berths & Stores
- Crew Mess – X-Large Settee, Stores
- Galley – Full Size Stove/Oven, Full Size Refrigerator
- Laundry – Large Capacity
- Head – Fully Enclosed Separate Shower
- Pilot House – Day Berth, Flip-Up Chart Table, Safety Locker
ENGINE ROOM EQUIPMENT *
- 750 HP Cummins QSK-19
- Twin Disc Gear M6517 5.95:1 Ratio w/Hyd. PTO
- 35KW Generator Set, Northern Lights
- 65KW Generator Set w/Hyd. PTO, John Deere
- 2 18 Ton RSW Systems Which Work Remotely or Together
- Fuel Centrifuge, Alfa Laval MIB 303
- Nautican Nozzle/Triple-Blade Rudder Propulsion System
- Bow Thruster, Key Power 18″ 75HP
- Extensive List of Equipment Including Sonar, Depth, Chart, Communications Etc.
- Over 7500 Watts of Lighting
- Alarm/Monitoring System
- CCTV System
WORKING DECK OPTIONS
- Trawl (W/SS Ramp & Stern Plugs)
- Purse Seine
- Pot – Crab, Cod Etc.
- Sea Wall, Deck House, Reel and Various Winch Options
The cruising speed will be at a low eight knots while running the engine at 1400 RPM and the main engine burning under 10gph. 9.7 knots is the expected top speed; the expected cruising speed is 8.4 knots. The engine is a QSK19 rated at 660 horsepower.
Each fish hold capacity has been balanced for ultimate refrigeration efficiency. The smaller generator is sized at 35KW and the larger at 65KW (which can handle the entire vessel electrical load on its own).
This vessel has an ample hydraulics system to pump roughly 150gpm. Fishing gear and equipment has been designed for strength (square tube booms) and efficiency in movement and versatility. The F/V Adamant will also be built with a large bulbous bow, stern ramp, bow thruster, heavy duty steel block keel ballast, a NautiCAN nozzle propulsion system with a triple blade rudder and many other well thought out features to create what is needed for a long life of diverse duty.